Leah is doing okay after her "T&A" procedure. Everything went fine, she did okay with the anesthesia and she took her pain meds the first day or so without a fight. She then went out medicine strike and is refusing to take any thing for the pain. She is afraid of the Tylenol w/Codeine that the doctor prescribed; she doesn't like the way it makes her feel and she thinks that the medicine caused her bad dreams that she had the first couple of nights. Also, (I think as a result of the first medicine) she will not take even regular Tylenol. She is also struggling with dehydration...she is really fighting us on drinking enough of anything. I have tried everything I can think of...Popsicles, kool-aid, warm drinks, water, Gatorade, Slurpee's, you name it and I have probably tried it. We have to take turns sitting next to her and every little bit reminding her to take a drink and consider ourselves lucky when she does. We are hopeful though that it will get better...she is on the other side of the "pain hill" and will hopefully have an easier time with swallowing. The boys are a little confused at all the extra attention Leah is getting, but other than that seem to be okay with the drama that has been going on around them.
We are all getting excited for our break from the "norm" when we head to California in March. The kids are especially excited for Disneyland, go figure!! Jeff and I are definitely in need of some of R&R...we barely have time to sit down and eat let alone relax with all that is going on...because wouldn't you know if we are not reminding Leah to drink we are rescuing Hot W heels from the toilet (thanks to Owen) and toilet paper from the cat. Not to mention the dirty dishes, laundry and toys all over the house. ) Can you imagine it?? Gotta run and make lunch for the boys (and maybe for me if I have time)!
5 comments:
Hey sweet girl - you are doing a fantastic job of taking care of it all - love you and stay strong - this to shall pass!!!!
Greetings from cold snowy Utah, glad that Leah's surgery went well, she will be back to her old self in no time.
Leah may have the problem I have with the narcotic pain meds. They leave me feeling weird and claustrophobic. I would not discount the bad dreams.
Hang in there. Things will get better. I remember when Maren was a baby she had Chicken pox and fought the pain medication. It was really hard to deal with at the time but she eventually healed.
I am glad that everything went okay. Tell Leah we love her.
As I recall, Jeff was out playing basketball a few days after his surgery. Maybe those genes weren't passed on. You are a great mom who is learning the trials of parenthood. Keepm doing what your doing and it will all workout (somehow it always does.
To all of you I say thank you for the well wishes for me and for Leah.
Post a Comment