If you guessed me, you're right! I was coming in from doing the laundry (our washer and dryer are in the garage, I know weird spot, but that is where they are here) and since Matthew was keeping me company I shooed him into the house ahead of me so I could turn off the light. Here it comes, the reason why I should get the award...I was closing the door to the house (it's the type where you have to pull real hard to get it to shut) and did not see that he had his fingers in the opening and (you probably guessed) I pinched his fingers in the door. Today they are slightly bruised and scraped, but he is using them just fine and has only told me once that they are a little sore. It occurred to me yesterday that all the bad things seem to happen to Matthew...he has had 3 trips to the ER (1 in an ambulance), he has fallen down the stairs more than the other 2 kids combined, he has eczema (dry, itchy skin), and now I go and pinch his pore little fingers in the door. If you can't tell I am beating my self up a bit about the whole thing, maybe someday I can forgive myself; he already has.
Anyway, enough about that...Leah has an appointment with her ENT doctor this afternoon to schedule her surgery to have her tonsils and adenoids taken out. I have figured that she is either a major "drama queen" or is super sensitive to pain, so it ought to be interesting after the procedure is done. I will post once I know when her surgery is going to be.
1 comment:
John shut Nathan's fingers in the car door when he was little and broke something. He survived to be a normal adult so I am sure that Matthew will.
Post a Comment