Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bedtime In My House

Keep in mind that bedtime in my house is supposed to be at 8:00 p.m. as you read this:

Between 7:00 and 7:15 p.m. -

Mom to kids: "Get your take-home and start reading."
Kids to mom: "Do I have to?"
Mom to kids: "Yes, you have to."

Between 7:15 and 7:30 p.m. -

Mom to kids: "Why aren't you reading?"
Kids to Mom: "Uuuhhh..."
Mom to kids: "Get started and get it done. Bedtime is in about 30 minutes."
Kids to Mom: "Ookkaaaayyy!!!"

Around 7:55 p.m. -

Kids to Mom: "I'm done reading."
Mom to kids: "Okay...go get your pajamas on and get ready for bed."
- Kids take off running to bedroom.

10 Minutes later -

Mom to kids: "Are you all ready for bed yet?"
Kids to mom: "We putting on our pajamas."
Mom to kids: "What have you been doing for the last 10 minutes???"
Kids to mom: "Uuuummmm...putting our pajamas on."
Mom to kids: "GET your pajamas on right now."

10 Minutes later -

Mom to kids: "It's time to get into bed now."
Kids run around, laughing like hyenas.

5 Minutes later -

I finally herd them into their rooms and they begin jumping around on beds.
I go in to tuck them in and I hear:
     "I need a drink"
     "I need my blanket."
     "I gotta get (insert stuffed animals name)."
This continues for about 5 more minutes and then finally get them all tucked in, give them all kisses, turn off the lights, and walk out of the room. Then I hear:
     "Mom...I need (insert some totally random request).

Finally...nearly two hours later I sit down to continue working on my school and after several reminders to be quiet and go to sleep they finally do.

This is the story of bedtime in my house...it should be a peaceful time but instead I want to rip my hair out by the time the whole thing is done. AAaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: